Succeeding in the affiliate marketing business can take some time but by knowing the affiliate marketing best practices, you can definitely work smarter to get faster results and most importantly build a long-term online business.
In this article I’m going to talk about 2 of the affiliate marketing best practices that can and should be implemented by new affiliate marketers in order to be more productive and make their results sustainable.
The first of the affiliate marketing best practices that is often overlooked by affiliate marketing beginners is email marketing.
When observing the business model applied by the big guys in this industry, email marketing appears as the core of their business. It’s indeed an extremely important aspect of affiliate marketing.
Email marketing requires the following:
- A squeeze page (a landing page made solely to collect your visitors’ information including their email address as they subscribe to your list in exchange for a valuable free ebook or training ect).
- Follow up emails automatically sent to your subscribers giving high quality advices alternatively with emails promoting products (on which you earn a commission).
If email marketing is part of the affiliate marketing best practices is because it results in an increased trust from your subscribers as you’re providing them quality content which turns some of them into buyers who will have faith in the products you’re recommending over time. This strategy secures your business as you’ll have repeating buyers and an ever growing list of targeted subscribers who are all potential buyers.
The other strategy that I want to mention as part of the affiliate marketing best practices has to do with the “Expert” label. In this industry (as in many industries), you are the one who decides to market yourself as an expert in a field rather than other people labeling you as an expert in the first place. Of course, it has a direct consequence on the trust people put in you.
Even though being recognized as an expert in your field thanks to a smart marketing strategy may sound like a shady strategy, it’s actually very common and actually less easy than it seems. It indeed requires the following things:
- High quality content! This “expert label” marketing strategy hasn’t for purpose to fool people, on the contrary it’s made to reinforce the trust of your visitors and your own credibility. If you don’t live up to the reputation you’re building, it will be obvious that you don’t deserve the trust people put in you and your business.
- Clever use of social media. Creating profiles on sites such as Twitter is a great way to market yourself, increase your credibility and justify your “expert” label.
- Guest posting. It’s one of the affiliate marketing best practices, an overlooked one unfortunately as many people don’t see its potential but it’s really something that helps building your reputation along with hosting live webinars for instance and doing video marketing.
These 2 main affiliate marketing best practices should definitely be part of your affiliate marketing business strategy as it will help your online business become sustainable. Guess it’s time to take action now! :)