Choosing an affiliate marketing opportunity when starting in this business can be a daunting task when you start digging mainly because there are many of them and picking an affiliate marketing opportunity is definitely more easy when you already have a good knowledge of the different aspects of this business.
As I assume many of you are new affiliate marketers, I’m going to tell you what, in my opinion, is the easiest affiliate marketing opportunity.
To keep things simple, I’m going to provide a simple structure that has been proven effective by many affiliate marketers including me. Please note that there are many ways of doing affiliate marketing and you can promote very different type of products to very different niches.
Even if a profitable affiliate marketing opportunity can be very different from another one, the common strategy that will make it really profitable especially for new affiliate marketers is how targeted the niche is. The equation is simple. The more you target your customers, the more relevant the product you’ll promote, the conversion rate will be higher and you’ll have way less competition that if you go for a broad niche and target broad keywords. Narrowing down a target market is a sure way to get faster results.
So, here’s the easy affiliate marketing opportunity that you can implement:
- Go to Clickbank.com. Browse the marketplace, find an ebook you want to promote.
- Go to the Google Keyword Tool. Check the search volume for the keyword that is the name of the ebook you want to promote. (People typing the name of the ebook are more willing to buy it than people looking for a broad term related to the niche). Add the word “review”, “buy”, “purchase” to the main keyword and check the search volume.
- Go to Google, type in the keywords you just checked and analyze the competition for each keyword. Make sure none of your competitors have a page rank higher than 5. (Check it with prchecker.info).
- Buy the domain name that corresponds to the main keyword.
- Write the content of your website which will consist of a review of the product. Not something pushy. Something simple, obviously objective and personal. Put your affiliate links several times in the review.
- Create many backlinks (article marketing, social bookmarking, blog commenting…) to your website to boost its ranking on Google 1st page. (position 1-3 is what you’re looking for!).
- Watch the sales coming in.
- Optional: Run a targeted Adwords campaign.
As you can see, this affiliate marketing opportunity consists of selling a virtual product to people who are already looking for it and only need a last little convincing review to make them buy.
I hope this inspires you and makes you understand how easy some affiliate marketing opportunities can be.